It’s been a
while
since I pulled on a shirt,
In my day they were baggy
got covered in dirt!
since I pulled on a shirt,
In my day they were baggy
got covered in dirt!
The spirit of rugby,
Ingrained in my heart;
Like mud stain on white shirt’
They're never apart.
Camerarderie,
team work,
Committed to fun;
Put in the hard yards,
Together as one.
Committed to fun;
Put in the hard yards,
Together as one.
Pour ex player
in Lycra,
Think I'm over fed .
It’s not good at hiding
My middle aged spread.
Think I'm over fed .
It’s not good at hiding
My middle aged spread.
I thought I'd reached
My fitness peak,
But looking closely
At my aging physique,
Not pretty, though never was,
It's time to put right,
Give back to others ,
Be part of new fight.
Look forward to
building,
New friends and team mates,
And losing the best friend
Attached to my waste.
New friends and team mates,
And losing the best friend
Attached to my waste.
Cajoling, encouraging,
Light hearted hard work.
Big hearts of the Lions
Will drive some berserk!
There'll be hard times,
And good ones be true;
But the Lions teamwork,
Will pull us all through.
When finally finished,
And all said and done,
Remember adventure,
Achievement we won!
The look of the lion,
That glint in the eye.
Remember good causes
And this is just why:
The Ride of the Lions
With a roar and a cry!
No comments:
Post a Comment