Monday, 8 May 2017

Front Row Union

I've never been stuck at the coal face
Packed down in the engine room
I'm not quite built like a power house
It'll be grim is what I assume

Lifting big fella's in line outs
Ripping the ball in a maul
Neck as thick as a tree trunk
Second rows seven feet tall

Scrummage is where they will face off
Man for man hold their own
Pack down ready for take off
Seeds of strength they have sewn

They love these front row battles
It's where the games can be won
Hand bags, some tittle tattle
Up front is where there's much fun

Ball in hand they can trundle
Off load in the tight and the loose
Front row boys all stay humble
Hard graft is the secret, the truth

Clearing out when it's ruck time
Ensuring for others quick ball
Powering over the try line
Or sometimes with ball you will fall!

I've never been stuck at the coal face
To be honest I don't think I'll moan
The subtleties of front row union
Well, I guess it's each to their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment